IMPERIA 25-29 SEPTEMBER 2023
Registrations closed due to the maximum number of participants being reached
Have a good nose and be a foodie are not sufficient features to become a professional taster of olive oil. A real expert of the “liquid gold” stands out from a simply connoisseur according to his own training: from more than 35 years ONAOO has been handling training and education of aspiring professional tasters.
Sensory analysis of olive oil in carried out alongside the chemical analysis; sensory analysis is decisive for olive oil classification.
Panel is a group of selected tasters brought up to objectively evaluate the sensory characteristics of olive oil; panel is increasingly requested in food industry. Among all the food products, olive oil is the only one for which sensory analysis has a legal value.
The first step to becoming tasters is registered to a Technical Course for aspiring olive oil tasters.
Courses are open to everyone, even if there is no experience at all in olive oil field.
The program of the Technical Course includes selective trials necessary to obtain the Physiological Suitability for Tasting, one of the requirements for the inclusion in the National List of Technicians and Experts held by MI.P.A.A.F. (Italian Ministry of Agricultural, Food and Forestry).
– Introduction to sensory analysis.
– IOC method for the organoleptic evaluation of virgin olive oils.
– Chemical-physical characteristics of olive oils.
– Olive growing and the effects on the quality of olive oils.
– The influence of technology on the quality/b>< of olive oils.
– The legislation in the olive sector.
– World production and consumptions.
– Control methodologies standardization.
– Tasting technique.
– Organoleptic profile sheet.
– Recognition of the negative attributes.
– Recognition of the positive attributes.
– Use of the profile sheet.
– Tasting oils from the world.
Participation certificat (issue to all the participants).
Certificate of Physiological Eligibility for the Tasting of Virgin Olive Oil (issued after the participant have passed the selective trials and aiming at the insertion in the International Register of ONAOO Professional Tasters).
Some error has occured.