First Level Courses
ASPIRING OLIVE OIL TASTER
The course - authorized by the Region where the course is carried out - lasts at least 35 hours and a Panel Leader leads it. Participants that pass the four selective trials, receive the Physiological Eligibility for Tasting. .
The course is developed in accordance with Regulation (EC) No. 2568 and further amendments and integrations and with Decree Mi.P.A.A.F. of June, 18th 2014 .
- Introduction to sensory analysis.
- IOC method for the organoleptic evaluation of virgin olive oils.
- Chemical-physical characteristics of olive oils.
- Olive growing and the effects on the quality of olive oils.
- The influence of technology on the quality/b>< of olive oils.
- The legislation in the olive sector.
- World production and consumptions.
- Control methodologies standardization.
- Tasting technique.
- Organoleptic profile sheet.
- Recognition of the negative attributes.
- Recognition of the positive attributes.
- Use of the profile sheet.
- Tasting oils from the world.
- Participation certificat (issue to all the participants).
- Certificate of Physiological Eligibility for the Tasting of Virgin Olive Oil (issued after the participant have passed the selective trials and aiming at the insertion in the International Register of ONAOO Professional Tasters).
Some error has occured.
what is o.n.a.o.o.
The National Organization of Olive Oil Tasters, established by the Union of Italian Chambers of Commerce, does not only deal with training but, always from an impartial position and inspired by scientific rigor, it represents a place of exchange, experiences, debates and defense of the quality of olive oils.EXPLORE →